Last Saturday I met Ramón Campayo the fastest memorizer of the world (and my sensei!) holding more than 100 world records of memorization. He is also the creator of the Speed Memory International Championship, a championship were not only great memorization skills are required, but also require a strong memorization speed.
We talked about the training for speed memory and its relation to daily life. These are his answers (on the picture, Ramón Campayo and his wife Chus García, the 4th fastest memorizer of the world).
- Why did you create the Speed Memory competition? What are the particularities of this competition compared to other memory competitions?
Speed memory competitions are extremely interesting and exciting because of the speed of the disciplines. The competition requires an very deep concentration, clearly contributing to the development of the most important mental capacities: concentration, speed reading and speed memorization, mental processing, retentive, mental control, etc.
- Do you have to have a special age in order to obtain good results at the competition?
- Training for Speed Memory does it affects in any way the normal life of people? How does their life improve?
- Is the training for Speed Memory independent of speed reading training, or there is a kind of connection between them?
- Can you tell us something about your daily training routine?
- Do you practice any sport? And what about stress reduction techniques?
- You have been already several years in the memory competition field. Have you noticed any decline in your skills as you age?